European Society for Agronomy
Through its web site, ESA acts as an open forum for agronomists, researchers, teachers and students who are concerned with basic and applied science in agronomy: the relationships between crops, soils, climates and agricultural practices, and between agriculture and the environment.
The European Society for Agronomy (ESA) is a scientific society created in 1990 with the aim of promoting the science of Agronomy and its use in agriculture and rural development across Europe. This is achieved with:
- A Scientific journal devoted to Agronomy: the European Journal of Agronomy (EJA), published by Elsevier Science.
- A Biennial congress: the next one will be organized by Agroscope in Geneva from August 27 to 31, 2018 and the previous one was held in Edinburgh (Scotland) from September 5 to 9, 2016, organized by AAB.
- Dedicated scientific symposia in collaboration with other scientific societies
- A Newsletter sent to all members, which will be enlarged and made more frequent to be widely disseminated electronically.
- A web site, www.european-agronomy.org, with new functionalities to share information, scientific results and job announcements.
- Specific agreements with national and international agronomy societies for the exchange of
ESA is managed by a scientific board and an executive secretariat
|President||Past President||President Elect||Executive Secretariat|
|2016-2018||Ch. Carlen (Switzerland)||C. Watson (UK)||A. Delgado (Spain)|
|2014-2016||C. Watson (UK)||P. Pepó(Hu)||B. Jeangros (CH)||J. Wery (F)|
|F. Stoddart (Fin)||
|2010-2012||F. Stoddart (Fin)||J. Wery (F)||A. Nábrádi (Hu)||J. Wery (F)|
|2008-2010||J. Wery (F)||P. Rossi (I)||F. Stoddart (Fin)||M. Donatelli (I)|
|2006-2008||P. Rossi (I)||M. Fotyma (PL)||J. Wery (F)||M. Donatelli (I)|
|2004-2006||M. Fotyma (PL)||J. Roy Porter (DK)||P. Rossi (I)||M. Donatelli (I)|
|2002-2004||J. Roy Porter (DK)||E. Fereres (SP)||M. Fotyma (PL)||M. Donatelli (I)|
|2000-2002||E. Fereres (SP)||H. Stutzel (D)||J.Roy Porter (DK)||D. Picard (F)|
|1998-2000||H. Stutzel (D)||M. Zima (SK)||E. Fereres (SP)||D. Picard (F)|
|1996-1998||M. Zima (SK)||H. Spiertz (NL)||H. Stutzel (D)||D. Picard (F)|
|1994-1996||H. Spiertz (NL)||L. Giardini (I)||M. Zima (SK)||P. Girardin (F)|
|1992-1994||L. Giardini (I)||A. Scaif (UK)||H. Spiertz (NL)||P. Girardin (F)|
|1990-1992||A. Scaif (UK)||D. Picard (F)||-||P. Girardin (F)|
|1989-1990||Launching committee chaired by D. Picard, co-chaired by A. Scaife||P. Girardin (F)|
ESA has national representatives in many European countries. They are in charge of the specific links between ESA and the national organisations.
Joint activities with other societies
ESA has joint activities with international and national societies.
Some information about this web site
The new ESA web site is developed and maintained by the voluntary effort of ESA members and Agropolis International staff. Everybody is welcome to contribute to make this site more useful and interesting for visitors, feel free to send us your suggestions, comments….
All members can post event, job and students internships announcements. The division chairmen are in charge of the development and maintenance of the pages. Please contact the ESA Secretary.
The ESA Executive Secretary